About Reading Plus
Reading Plus is a comprehensive, evidence based software solution for reading assessment and improvement for students reading on levels 1 through college/adult.
Our product is the result of over 75 years of research and development in the area of reading improvement technology. Reading Plus addresses all of the elements of reading cited by the National Reading Panel including: Phonemic Awareness, Phonics, Vocabulary, Comprehension and most importantly, Fluency in Silent Reading.
We are based in Winooski, Vermont, and have customers in nearly every US state.
So, you are interested in joining the Reading Plus Product Development team as a QA Tester? In this role, you will work to ensure product quality through manual and automated testing of the underlying software as well as its user interfaces. You will be responsible for finding and reporting glitches and bugs.
You should have an unfailing eye for detail and excellent communication skills. If you are also competent in documenting & executing test cases, and are passionate about quality, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will ensure that our many products, applications and systems work as expected.
Reports to: VP of Product
- 2+ years of experience with an object-oriented language like Java or equivalent
- 2+ years of experience with QA automation tools
- Excellent organizational & communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical mind and problem-solving aptitude
- Ability to document and troubleshoot errors
- Experience in project management and QA methodology
- Review and analyze system specifications
- Collaborate with QA lead to develop effective strategies and test plans
- Execute test cases (manual or automated) and analyze results
- Evaluate product code according to specifications
- Create logs to document testing phases and defects
- Report and track bugs to development teams
- Conduct post-release/post-implementation testing
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure quality throughout the software development lifecycle
- Help troubleshoot issues
- Proven experience as a QA tester or similar role
- Familiarity with Agile frameworks and regression testing is a plus
- Working knowledge of test management software (e.g. qTest, Zephyr) or a software-testing framework (e.g. Selenium), and SQL
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field