Union Street Media is seeking a Digital Content Strategist to join our Real Estate team. Union Street Media provides leading web and digital marketing services for real estate agents, brokers & offices across the country.
Get in with a great team:
- We’re competent, confident and passionate individuals who are focused on achieving big goals.
- Our proprietary CMS platform and digital marketing services add value to the real estate industry and have the potential to keep growing for years to come.
- You’ll have a voice. At Union Street Media, we value everyone’s opinion.
- Be part of a fun and healthy culture.
- Join a company that provides career growth; we’re growing and want you to grow with us!
Content strategy is a mix of art and science. The Digital Content Strategist is an enthusiastic, critical thinker who understands how to blend technology and art to craft meaningful, effective digital user experiences. The Digital Content Strategist understands consumer behavior, adapts quickly to new media, and is mindful of industry changes, emerging trends and best practices. He/she plans, governs, and measures digital content, makes data driven decisions, and clearly and confidently communicates recommendations to clients.
As a member of our Digital Marketing Services team, the Digital Content Strategist plays a crucial role in executing our client’s digital marketing strategy, providing quality assurance for website and content production, and coordinating with subject matter experts and client and internal stakeholders. Therefore, the role requires strong communication skills, timeliness, attention to detail, and critical thinking to ensure accuracy and a high standard of quality for all deliverables. The Digital Content Strategist reports directly to the Vice President of Operations.
- Self-motivated individual
- Understanding of, and passion for, all things digital
- 2+ years of related work experience or internships, preferably in a client facing role
- Content writing experience
- Copywriting experience strongly desired
- Advanced computer skills, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate articulately both verbally and in writing
- Comfortable creating original content for clients and making recommendations for their digital content and user experience
- Strong time management skills; ability to manage multiple projects, hit tight deliverable timelines, and deliver effective results, in a fast-paced, continuously evolving environment
- A belief in our concept, a strong work ethic and team mentality
- Bonus: Experience working directly with SEO campaign management
- Bonus: Proficient understanding of SEO techniques and applications (ex. tagging, link building, user experience, content management)
- Bonus: Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skills; knowledge of analytics and reporting platforms such as Omniture, comScore, Google Analytics and Moat; experience with Google Webmaster Tools
- Bonus: Experience with digital media strategies such as paid search, display, and social media a plus
- Create and optimize digital content, including website, social media, email and blog content
- Plan smart content strategies based on client objectives, client’s current media tactics, and competitors
- Present substantiated recommendations that have a direct bearing on SEO results, such as domain changes and custom page creation
- Understand client and internal (USM) goals and work collaboratively to achieve and exceed results
- Stay abreast of new developments and industry changes in organic search and digital content marketing, and translate those into actionable recommendations
- Assist with creating marketing collateral and documentation for Union Street Media and clients
- Plan and execute SEO campaigns for assigned accounts, including, but not limited to account setup, strategy development, organization, campaign audit, management and analysis
- Apply SEO expertise to keyword and competitor research, reporting, linking, conversion goals, on-page and off page optimization, local search, rich media, image and digital asset (ex. blog, social media) optimization, and mobile; responsible for performance outcomes
- Execute tactical SEO work, including tagging/metadata (ex. meta descriptions, H1 wrappers/header tags), content development, link building, and citations
- Ensure compliance with real estate and organic search guidelines, and avoid black hat techniques that would adversely impact SEO performance and our clients’ user experience
- Evaluate large data sets to identify trends, monitor key performance indicators and recommend optimizations; prepare performance reports on a regular basis (weekly, monthly and quarterly)
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
Schedule: Position is open immediately. This is a full time position.